The first trailer for Avengers: Age of Ultron has been unleashed upon the world, in part due to it being leaked early. Ever up for a joke Marvel took the leak in it’s stride:
Still the trailer is a great taste of the epic-ness to come. I don’t really have time to go into detail on my full thoughts on the trailer but I will try and condense it into bullet point form:
- Remember that Marvel’s trailers tend to intentionally mislead the audience into thinking the story is going one way when in fact something else entirely is going on (see the early trailers for Iron Man 3 and Captain America: The Winter Soldier for good examples of this)
- I love the look and approach to The Scarlet Witch (FYI she is one of my favourite Avengers, horrible betrayal and all!)
- I’m sure Quicksilver will grow on me (the dream)
- Unless they make him a complete arse like he is in the comics (the likely reality)
- Ultron looks (and sounds!) really, really cool!
- Ultron is being set up as Tony Stark’s fall from grace but expect some ties to Hank Pym still being involved in its creation
- The Hulk Vs Iron Man in Hulk Buster Armour fight will open the film because that’s how you get the ball rolling
- In relation to the above expect to see a lot of the individual footage of the team to be from the opening segment of the film when we find out where everyone is
- Joss Whedon once again showing the world his love for ballet
- There are more than just the core Avengers in the room when Ultron first makes his presance known at the 38 second mark
- Who the heck is Andy Serkis playing?
- Why didn’t they show us The Vision?!
That’s all I have for now!